Open House is a fortnightly meeting for older people which is held at The Eversfield Centre during term times. Meetings are hybrid with most people coming in person to The Eversfield Centre (where there is a car park), and a few members joining by Zoom when they cannot travel to the Centre.
We meet from 2 – 3.30pm on Thursday afternoons and enjoy a wide variety of interesting talks and entertainments. From about 3pm there is a social time over tea and cakes.
Open House is a friendly group, and as the name implies, we are open to welcome everyone who would like to come. Our members come from many local churches and from the local community.
Date: Thursday Afternoons
Time: 2 – 3.30pm
Location: The Eversfield Centre
The programme for the first half of 2023 is as follows:
- 5 January. “Myself and other animals”. Simon Brown.
- 19 January. “Dover to Hebrides. Halfway round the shipping forecast”. Illustrated talk by Maggi and Harry Lamb.
- 2 February. “Witches and Highwaymen of Hertfordshire”. Illustrated talk by Revd. John Merrill.
- 16 February. “Share and share alike. Another hour of music and mirth with John and Chris”. Entertainment by Revd. John Steele and Chris Walker.
- 2 March. “Seen from a bus”. Illustrated talk by Rob Kayne.
- 16 March. “African tales/tails” Ian Jackson.
- 29 March. “Songs from the Musicals, Movies and the Great American Songbook”. Musical entertainment by Geoff Strum.
- 20 April. “Inside the Victorian Pantry”. Judy Karbritz.
- 4 May. “Funny Girls”. Geoff Bowden.
- 18 May. Christian Aid fundraising afternoon. Bring and Buy stalls, Cream
- Tea and Talk by Veronica Wagner on the work of Christian Aid. Entry £2.50.
- 1 June. “London in the Swinging Sixties”. Colin Oakes.
All are welcome at these meetings. Come and enjoy being part of this
friendly group and socialising with others in a convivial atmosphere.
We offer Karate lessons for Children, Adults and Families, with a good variety of classes to suit all ages and abilities.
All New Beginners will receive 2 Free Trial Lessons.
5.00pm – 5.40pm Karate Kids ( 4yrs – 8yrs )
5.50pm – 6.40pm Beginners ( 9yrs – Adults ) – Green Belts with Purple Tags
6.50pm – 7.40pm Purple Belts – Brown Belts with Red Stripes
7.40pm – 8.30pm Black Stripes – Black Belts
Please contact us for full details and to book your 2 Free Trial Lessons.
Contact Name: Sensei Gregory
Contact No: 0800 177 7705
The Good Neighbour’s Scheme Needs You
We are a charity that has been offering support to the elderly in the Mill Hill and Burnt Oak area for over 40 years. All our regular events and services in their current form have been cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will be supporting our clients in ways that come within Government guidelines and this means that we will need many more volunteers over the forthcoming weeks and months.
If anyone can spare a few hours and are prepared to be/or are DBS checked we would be very grateful of your help and support.
Contact us on 020 8906 3340 OR Email us at: [email protected]
Once again we have experienced memorable occasions over the Christmas season.
Our young people and Junior Church leaders led our Gift Service on 15 December, when, as usual, we brought gifts for the mothers and children at a local refuge. We were reminded about journeys that we undertake and how the journeys that Mary and Joseph had to take with baby Jesus were hard, arduous and uncomfortable.
We decided this year to have our annual Candlelight Carol Service at 4pm rather than in the evening. As anticipated this proved to be a better time and we welcomed a large congregation. We enjoyed Christmas songs and anthems by the choir and we all celebrated the Christmas story in readings and carols.
The festive atmosphere was maintained as we all tucked into a Christmas tea in our beautifully decorated Church.